Saturday, September 09, 2006

Unbelievably Suey Day Part II

Sometimes you just can't believe your luck. In the 3 years i've had my driving license, i've never even come remotely close to getting summon-ded. But today, on the very last day that i had the car to myself, i suey suey kena. And to think i kena-ded cos i was being a nice guy.

First, i had to attend the nussu elections though i dearly wanted to go Yishun Home... (the kids so cute!!!) Then me, lao ban niang lixian, and di er lao ban Xiqian (cos VPIA is second biggest shit in CSC) zao-ded early cos we din wan2 stay all the way. So i gallantly offered to drive them to yishun for supper, before i go to the airport to fetch my parents who had gone to China. Then, halfway there, my dad called to say they already reached the airport. Wah lau. Stupid Tiger Airways plane fly so fast. Anyway to cut a long story short, i quickly dropped XQ off and quickly drove back home.

Then, while i was at Khatib MRT station that road leading to the expressway, the freaking suey thing happened. Was happily coasting at a mere 78 kmh when i suddenly saw a bright flash of light. My first thoughts about what that light could mean were...

1) Lightning streak across the sky to herald a storm

2) UFO landing at Yishun

3) Someone sitting on a tree taking a photo of my nice car

I refused to contemplate the thought that it might be a speed camera. I was like, cannot be so suey rite, 20 mins before i have to return the car to my dad i kena caught speeding. Bo Kor Leng wat. Until i looked in the rearview mirror and realise that all the cars were like way behind me. Then i received further confirmation when i stopped at the next red light.

All the bloody drivers were looking at me with a sympathetic yet "wah heng ah!! Never kena me!! Oh but wait, can still take his license plate buy 4D!!" look.

At that point, i knew. Liao. 4D also never so accurate. But the thing is, wah lau i was only gg at 78kmh lor. Not like i was going 100 or something...All this only proves one thing: cannot go for nussu events. Sure suey one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home