Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I wanted to take some photos of my spanking new campus, but i forgot to take those scenic photos in my haste to get out of the 'construction site' after my 3 hr seminar. Hai...Anyway, i realised i'm damn behind in my blogging lar. Supposed to hlog finish my Taipei trip and also abt my NDP experiences (I appeared on TV!!!)

Neh mai, i slowly hlog. Oh, before i do so, i need to bitch abt something. My timetable.

Monday: 10-12 at NUS, 3- 9.30 at BTC
Tuesday: 3-9.30 at BTC
Wed: 6.30-9.30 at BTC
Thur: 6.30-9.30 at BTC
On 4 Saturdays in Sep: 1-4 pm at BTC

Oh, and i still haven't bid for my M n O tutorial slot yet. Yes folks. At a time when everyone is enjoying the warmth of home, or enjoying the riotous roads of Orchard Road on a Saturday, i am freezing in a highly powered air-conditioned room, listening to weirdly accented professors regaling me with tales from China.

But before you gloat!!!

Ah ha!!

By the 7th of Sep, i'll only have a 3 day week, with 2 days in BTC

& by the 3rd of Oct, i'll only have 1 day in BTC, and 1 in NUS. Ho ho ho.

Ok i'm quite bo liao i know. Anyway, here's Day 2 of my Taipei trip, as hotly requested.

Taipei Day 2!!!

Us just stepping out of our hotel. Not hard to tell who's head belongs to me. Hur hur. Taipei is damn hot. Like seriously 40 degrees hot. U cant tell but i was squinting. Dunno who took this photo one.


Our first stop of the day!!! Sun Yat Sen Memorial House (or something like that. I'm obviously not a history buff) Going on a trip with 4 girls obviously ensured that visiting historical monuments was one of the lesser priorities, so this was the one and only one that we visited. Ha. Ok lar, quite worth the effort to go there. In chinese, its known as the Guo Fu Ji Nian Guan. That literally means the Memorial House of the National Father, or sthg like that. Just shows the respect the Taiwanese have for him. Apparently there's one in Singapore too. Bet u din know that rite!! Actually i also din know.


A picture of the man himself. Obviously i was the one taking the picture. I am so nice.


Yes i'm squinting again. Damn hot there. But this bronze statue of him sits in the middle of a beautiful courtyard so we cldn't resist the kodak moment. I actually wanted to do something cock like patting his head but i gathered that i would probably be stoned to death by the patriots there. So i didn't lor.



Nah, the sign on top of the building says Guo Fu Ji Nian Guan. And i put up this photo to showcase my height. Hur hur. See i dwarf zhaoxin and shihui lor. I'm so tall.

Group photo at the entrance to the memorial hall. Like the postcard effect. Think i shldn't smile all the time. Think my cool-guy look is better.


Our first lunch in Taipei. Found this Cha Chan Ting to eat, and they serve things like curry pork chop rice, which is shown in the picture, and pork chop rice. Haa all pork. Not very nice lar. Some more quite ex, about Sing 6 bucks for a meal with drinks. Think NUS Arts canteen jap food nicer. Oh, and BTC also got jap food ok! Some more cheaper than NUS. Wah!!!


The tallest building in the world!!! Yeah its called Taipei 101 cos there are 101 stories. But inside nothing good. Like Taka with all the luxury stores and high-end fashion stuff like Burberry, Calvin Klein all that. So obviously we couldn't buy anything inside lar. So what did i do to while my time away?


This!!! Paying money to scoop toys from a machine instead of buying one straight from a toy store is apparently a big fad in Taiwan. So while some of them paid abt 10 sing bucks each to take the "fastest lift in the world [as proclaimed on the poster of the lift], me shihui and zhaoxin went to the arcade. Ha.


The view from the tallest building in the world. Not very impressive hor?

The Wufenpu Ye Shi where i bought a shit load of clothes. Realise i'm actually half a girl when it comes to shopping. Its a wholesale centre where they sell lots of clothes. Me and Edmund actually bought more than the girls. Muahahaha.

Me at Wufenpu. I'm holding a ugly red plastic bag with my clothes. Kow. And i need to work out. Can see my tummy.


Power. Scooter can sit 3. Last time malaysia i see family of 5 sitting on one scooter before though. Economy of scale.

The next night market that we went. Raohe!!! Got very good food.




Smelly Tofu!!! This one quite smelly. And packaged very nicely. Eat already my breath can paralyse an elephant.

This is supposed to be a famous delicacy - Pepper biscuit or something like that. Ok only lor. We actually bought lots of food and shared around while walking. Ate so much i felt like a pig.



Forgot wat this is. Some ice-cream in popiah skin thingy. Got lots of funky food like that in Taiwan lar. Think i onli took a bite before the other hungry parasites gobbled up the rest. Heh. I took revenge by eating more chou tofu and breathing into their faces.

Jiao zi!! Winson's fav. He buy everywhere he saw them. But really quite nice lar. Think the lu bian one is even better than the Crystal Jade one lor.

Some peanut thingy. But its freaking huge.




Wooh mango ice!! A bit like ice kachang wihtout all the kacang shit inside. Damn nice and sweet. But damn ex. One bowl of ice like that cost 5 sing bucks. Kow.


Pearl Crab - or something like that. Heh. U eat the shell whole with the crab. See i told u we ate all kinds of shit in Taiwan.

Another artistic picture of me. Observe the moving people behind me, and the stationery me in front. Power lar. But that stupid tummy is sticking out again. Damn it.

YEah!! Our purchases from the first day alone!! Of cos it was my idea to spread out everything to show our sheer extravagance. But i'm always amazed at how girls can buy stuff. Kow they can buy clothes of the same design, but different color. I mean, thats like a guy buying polo shirts in different colors lar!! Oh wait, i do that too.


Ok thats all for tonight. Damn shag liao. Knn cant wait for holidays. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home